Cebuanos are up for a different kind of running experience as the Lunghi Run - Cebu will come off wraps on March 25, 2018 with the start and finish at the Vibo Place along Escario St., Cebu City. It's a charity fun run with all the proceeds to go to the running sports program of coach John Philip Duenas and Cebu marathon Olympian and SEA Games gold medalist Mary Joy Tabal. What makes the Lunghi Run unique from all the other runs is that instead of pairing the race singlet with the usual shorts or cycling pants, participants will be wearing a lunghi, otherwise known as a sarong skirt, or more popularly known as malong. Thus, aside from getting a singlet, the race kit will also include a lunghi. The event is organized by Lunghi Runners - Singapore spearheaded by Ali Akbar, TAD Runners of Dr. Willie Estepa and Hello Kitty Runner-Cebu of Annie Penaroya. Registration fee is pegged at P650 for the 12K and P550 for the 6K. A waterproof waist pouch will be given to the first 200 registrants in the 12K or until January 31, whichever comes first. All finishers will get a specially customized finisher's medal made in Singapore. Interested participants are invited to visit our official page in facebook - Lunghi Run - Cebu, 1st. Edition.
How to Register Online
- STEP 1: Fill out the Online Registration Form
STEP 2: Pay the Registration Fee
Account Name: Anita P. Balaga
BPI Savings Acct No.9069052638
BPI Cebu - Capitol Branch
Address: Osmena Boulevard, corner Jasmin Street, Cebu City
- Credit Card / Debit Card / PayPal
(If you paid via Credit Card / PayPal, proceed to STEP 4)
- Bank Deposit
- STEP 3: Scan or take a photo of the deposit slip or payment receipt, and email it to email@example.com with the subject, "Deposit Slip: <Your Name>, Lunghi Run - Cebu, 1st. Edition". Then Request the organizer to confirm your registration.
- STEP 4: Receive Confirmation Email. It will contain instructions on how to claim your Race Kit.
Offline Registration Sites
- Runnr-Ayala: every Sat (2-6pm)
- Abellana Oval (SMEXY area) from Mon - Fri, 6-8pm look for Annie Penaroya)
No lunghi, no finisher's medal at the finish line.
Race Kit Distribution Schedule
March 3, 10, 17 & 24, 2018 @Runnr-Ayala (2-6pm)
Social Media and Other Links
- Facebook page - "Lunghi Run - Cebu, 1st. Edition"
Lunghi Runners - Singapore
Hello Kitty Runner - Cebu
Dr. Willie Estepa
Grassroots sports advocacy program of coach JPD and SEA Games gold medalist & Olympian, Mary Joy Tabal.
Vibo Place, Cebu Grand Hotel, Pocari Sweat, Megawear
Contact the Race Organizer
For any inquiries about this race, please contact the race organizer directly:
- Willie B. Estepa
- Other Contact Info
Annie Penaroya, 09255588600