Now on it's seventh year, Mayon 360° Albay Ultramarathon is a 50 mile run around the circumference of the world’s most perfect coned volcano, Mt Mayon Volcano.
Considered by many as a bucket list race, a water/aid station is strategically placed every 5 kilometers plus roving marshalls in between carrying runner's hydration needs. It is a 100% Road Run crossing 7 municipalities, 3 cities, 77 Barangays, all in 1 Province, Albay. Top 10 finishers, male and female, will also be rewarded with a cash prize.
Organized by the Junior Chamber International-Legazpi Chapter together with the Liga ng mga Barangay-Albay Chapter, the Provincial Government of Albay, and Magayon Festival 2017.
Be a part of history, be one of the few to have run around the world famous volcano, The Mayon Volcano.
Mayon 360° Albay Ultramarathon in a Nutshell
80KM SoloGun Start: 4:00 AM
- Race Bib
- Dryfit Finisher's Shirt
- Finisher's Medal (Brass Materials)
- Finisher's Trophy
- For personalized race bib (Nickname and/or Team/Club), Register before March 18. In the registration form, on the "Name to appear on Bib," please limit length of letters to 10 characters.
Awards & Prizes
- Cash Prizes for Top 10 Finishers (Male & Female)
Offline Registration Sites
- Registration will be done thru ONLINE only
- Until March 17, 2017 only.
- To avail of 10% discount for Local Runners (Albay Residents only), please send us an email before registring. Send a copy of details plus proof of residency (Gov't issued ID/Utility Bills/Company/School ID with home address) and we will send you a discount code (one person, one code only). Cannot be combined with other discounts (Earlybird Promo, etc) Subject to availability of slot.
- Mayon 360° is a 50 miles (80.47 km) ultra marathon race around the Mt. Mayon Volcano, Albay. The race will be on May 13, 2017. It will Start & Finish at the Peñaranda Park, Old Albay, Legazpi City and will cross 7 Municipalities, 3 cities, and 77 Barangays.
- Mayon 360° is 100% Road run, 70% pavement 30% Asphalt
- There will be a pre-race briefing on May 12, 2017, 3:00 PM at the Ayala Mall, Legazpi City. It is recommended that every participant should attend the briefing. Race kits will be distributed starting in the morning of May 12. Please present proof of payment (bank slip, smart text message, etc) of registration fee & copy of Medical Certificate upon claiming of kits.
- Water and/or Aid Stations will be provided every 5kms.
- The 45 km halfway mark at Quinastillohan, Tabaco City will also serve as Drop bags pickup point.
- There will only be 1 category: 80km Solo
- Finishing at least one marathon (42km) or Ultramarathon, one year prior, is required. Please show proof (Online Race result, Certificates or Race photos)
- Medical Certificate is required for the Solo category and may be submitted during the pre race briefing.
- Participants must be at least 18 Years Old.
- In case the runner decides to forfeit his registration (i.e. were not able to join the event due to any reasons or due to Force Majeur), REGISTRATION FEE PAID IS NON REFUNDABLE. It may be transferable but only until March 15.
- Guntime will be at 4:00 am
- All participants must be at the venue one hour before their respective gun time. Please proceed to the check in booth and have your entry checked and validated. A vehicle will also be provided to transport drop bags.
- Race bibs must be in the runner’s chest and must be visible always.
- Runners MUST run on the far left side of the road or off the left side of the road, facing the incoming traffic. If the road has a “shoulder”, the runner should be running on the left edge of the said road “shoulder”.
- Runners must progress under their own power without drafting, helping, pushing, supporting, or any type of physical assistance.
- Every runner will NOT be allowed to have any Pacer during the Race.
- Participants can have their own support vehicle but is not required. However, only FOUR-WHEELED vehicles is allowed, it can be a Car, SUV, Pick-up or Minivan. Motorcycles, Bikes and Tricycles will not be allowed. The support vehicles MUST LEAPFROG the runner’s at all times. Convoy is not allowed. SUPPORT VEHICLES WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED STARTING FROM KM 15 (Cabangan, Camalig, Albay)
- Driving may never be at the speed of the runner. Driving must be done at the speed of traffic, never slowing down to encourage, talk to, or lend assistance to any runner while moving. All assistance must be provided by pedestrian crew members; handing off supplies from the moving vehicle is never allowed.
- Vehicles must be parked completely off the road surface whenever they are stopped. WHEN STOPPING/PARKING, VEHICLES MAY NOT STOP ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ROAD. ALL STOPPING/PARKING MUST BE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD, OFF THE ROADWAY.
- It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the RUNNER to inform his/her Support Crew & Driver on The Rules & Regulations of the Event. If a Driver or Support Crew violates any of the stated Rules & Regulations, the Runner will be automatically DISQUALIFIED.
- Runners are not allowed to enter the support vehicles.
- Cutoff times is as follows:
- 40 km Mark : 8 Hours after gun time
- Finish Line: 16 Hours
- Finisher’s Shirts & Medals will only be given to those who finished the race within the cut off time.
- Cash prizes will be given to the top 10 finishers, male and female.
- If a runner withdraws or drops from the race, he/she or his/her crew must contact the Race Director or Race Marshals in the nearest Aid Station immediately. The name of the runner, reason for withdrawal, time of withdrawal, and number of kilometers completed must be stated.
- Runners shall wear appropriate attire for the event. “Half-Naked” running among the men will NOT be allowed and will be subject to Disqualification.
- iPods, MP3s, Cellphones playing music, and Headphones are strictly NOT allowed during the race.
- Headlights and reflectorized vest is RECOMMENDED during the early part and late part of the race.
- Runners are advised to bring their own First Aid Kits just in case of any emergency during the race.
- Organizers maintain the right to remove any participants from the race, either because of cheating, not following race rules or due to Medical emergencies. Injuries and medical emergencies are the utmost priority.
- All protests related to the result must be made in writing and submitted to the Race Organizer within 30 minutes after the official announcement of winners. A protest fee of Php. 500.00 will be collected upon submission of every written protest.
- The organizer's decision is final.
Note: Runners, Support Crew and/or Drivers are DEPUTIZED to report any infraction/violation of the Rules & Regulations during the race.
Race Kit Distribution Schedule
Racekit will be released during the pre race brieifing day on May 12, 2017. Please present proof of payment together with copy of medical certificate and proof of marathon finish upon claiming of kit.
Social Media and Other Links
Organized by the Junior Chamber International-Legazpi Chapter together with the Liga ng mga Barangay-Albay Chapter, the Provincial Government of Albay, and Daragang Magayon Festival 2017.
Junior Chamber International (JCI) is a non-profit international non-governmental organization of young people between 18 and 40 years old. It has members in about 124 countries, and regional or national organizations in many of them. It has consultative status with the Council of Europe, with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and with UNESCO. It was founded in St Louis in 1915. It encourages young people to become active citizens and to participate in efforts towards social and economic development, and international co-operation, good-will and understanding.
Contact the Race Organizer
For any inquiries about this race, please contact the race organizer directly:
- Mayon 360 Admin
- Other Contact Info